Step-by-step guide to portrait drawing with pencil
Here is a step-by-step guide to portrait drawing in pencil.
- Choose a model or a photo that you want to use as a template.
- Draw a rough outline of the face with a soft pencil.
- Refine the outlines by adding shading.
- Work out the individual parts of the face such as the eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
- Use harder pencils to add shading and create depth in the portrait.
- Refine the drawing as needed and add more shading to make the portrait look more realistic.
I hope this guide will be helpful to you. Don't forget that practice is the key to improvement!
Have a portrait drawn from a photo - convert photos into drawings from 49 EUR 100% hand-drawn
Have a hand-painted portrait created from your photo now!
Upload photo and order
Now turn your favorite photos into hand-painted works of art! Simply upload your photo and we will do the artistic work to create a unique portrait from your image.
Our WhatsApp chat support is available 24/7 to help you with any questions or issues with your order.